IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- After a refreshing night in Houston, I'm off to two days of meetings in Denver and Boulder. How will I cope? 22 hours ago
- Back home in Houston to enjoy the salubrious climate! Kept my record intact by not going 'inside' the DC beltway! 1 day ago
- Hey DC peeps: I've been driving up and down I495. Does that count as being "inside the beltway"? I have a record to maintain! 1 day ago
- In a meeting this morning with many old NASA friends. It's good to be able to contribute, even in small ways! 2 days ago
- Flying up to Baltimore this afternoon for two days of meetings. School must be starting because the airport has a lot fewer folks in it 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading