IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Empirical launch rule: when weather is great, rocket will break; when rocket working well, weather will be bad. Be happy with iffy forecast! 15 hours ago
- Ray Bradbury foresaw the day when the human settlers on Mars would be transformed into 'golden eyed Martians' themselves. 1 day ago
- How surreal to read the meeting tweets from @jeff_foust real time while I'm sitting in the meeting. Good work Jeff! 1 day ago
- In Washington doing volunteer work this week. Yes it's finally time for the NASA Advisory Council to meet. Hope it's worthwhile. 1 day ago
- Church service this morning was just what I needed before heading out to Washington DC for a week of meetings. 2 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading