IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- RT @chronsciguy: My take on how risk averse we should be on the new space frontier. houstonchronicle.com/news/nation-wo… 9 hours ago
- Therefore do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee 12 hours ago
- Very sad news from California. No words. Prayers only 17 hours ago
- Bad things seem to come in threes. What's next? 18 hours ago
- Voting (early) on Halloween seems very appropriate. Trick or treat? 22 hours ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading