IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- The next Rice Space Institute public event will be Nov 18 featuring Eric Berger, the Houston Chronicle 'ScienceGuy' 1 hour ago
- #RSI as an engineer I wish Kellie would talk more about technical aspects of Mars One rather than spending so much time over social media 1 hour ago
- #RSI back to Kellie to discuss Mars One details. Thanks to James Muncie and Charles Miller for their provocative insights 1 hour ago
- #RSI Charles Miller - NASA should return to its roots in NACA as a resource to industry 1 hour ago
- #RSI both Muncy and Miller telling the audience that we must accept that there will be accidents and fatalities on the way to space 1 hour ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading