IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- I'm at the Rice Space Institute program at Duncan Hall. It's going to be a great program #RSI 1 hour ago
- More info on tonight's program at the Rice Space Institute - see you there! rsi.blogs.rice.edu/files/2014/09/… 5 hours ago
- Trying to observe a meteor shower from the suburbs of a large city is a lesson in futility. Anybody see something? 12 hours ago
- Tomorrow night 7 PM Kelli Gerardi, James Muncy, Charles Miller - the future of Space Exploration, Rice U, Duncan Hall - see you there #RSI 23 hours ago
- Practicing for Disaster wp.me/p10D7T-6C 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading