IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- The NAC did not endorse ARM, asked for a cost estimate for Mars and recommended if there isn't enough money we go somewhere else instead 8 hours ago
- NAC meeting starting now. Might be an interesting day 18 hours ago
- So the NASA Advisory Council adjourned today amidst much dissension over what advice to give the agency. OK with me, I'm used to dissension 1 day ago
- Glad to see that @jeff_foust has taken over tweeting for the NAC public session. Now I can concentrate on the presentations! 1 day ago
- Vigorous debate continuing at the NASA Advisory Council this morning. Short break for a tour and then back to intense talks later 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading