IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- RT @Houstorian: "Houstonians are secure to the point of smugness about their city." --Larry McMurtry, 1968 20 hours ago
- Winter comes to Colorado! 1 day ago
- Beautiful sunrise in Denver this morning! Warm now but not for long. Not expecting to see sunset this evening through the snow. 1 day ago
- The house seems much larger, quieter, and empty now that the grandchildren have gone. It was a great Thanksgiving! 5 days ago
- This morning's panel discussion on early shuttle decisions will be web streamed at ustream.tv/channel/nasa-j…. 10 am CST 2 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading