IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- It's been a two buckee's day! 1 day ago
- Having thought deep thoughts and listened to long sentences, I am heading home 2 days ago
- At the NAC meeting, this old Flight Director is feeling way out of his league 3 days ago
- RT @jeff_foust: The NASA Advisory Council (NAC) meeting is starting at 9am ET; NASA admin. Bolden and OSTP director Holdren on tap: http://… 3 days ago
- Empirical launch rule: when weather is great, rocket will break; when rocket working well, weather will be bad. Be happy with iffy forecast! 4 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading