IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Bad things seem to come in threes. What's next? 1 hour ago
- Voting (early) on Halloween seems very appropriate. Trick or treat? 4 hours ago
- Getting calls from old acquaintances in the space beat media. Wonder why? 5 hours ago
- USN Blue Angels practicing at Ellington for the Wings over Houston airshow. Making it hard to concentrate on work! 1 day ago
- Whew. The world is now 2 for 3 for earth orbital launches in the last 24 hours! 2 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading