IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Buccee's in Bastrop! Yes, we are back in Texas now! 4 hours ago
- RT @Houstorian: "Houstonians are secure to the point of smugness about their city." --Larry McMurtry, 1968 4 days ago
- Winter comes to Colorado! 5 days ago
- Beautiful sunrise in Denver this morning! Warm now but not for long. Not expecting to see sunset this evening through the snow. 5 days ago
- The house seems much larger, quieter, and empty now that the grandchildren have gone. It was a great Thanksgiving! 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: NASA
Space Shuttle Program Management Council after Columbia In this picture from left to right: Joyce Rozewski, Lee Norbraten, Sandy Coleman, Steve Doering, Jim Halsell, Dorothy Rasco, Bob Cabana, Steve Brettle, Dave Martin, Lambert Austin, Mike Wetmore, Bill Harris, Parker Counts, Ralph … Continue reading
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor: What place is this? Where are we now? I am the grass; I cover all. – Carl Sandburg, “Grass” 1918 Very recently, my 7 year old grandson was traveling with his parents through the … Continue reading
We have not journeyed all this way across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy. - Sir Winston Churchill in a speech to the Canadian Parliament. Dec 30, 1941 … Continue reading
No bucks, no Buck Rogers. How the OMB snookered the Augustine Committee. Continue reading
Reminds you of the great Winston Churchill quotation that “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.” Continue reading