IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Leaving the Land of Enchantment behind, I am once more deep in the heart of Texas. And ready for whatever tomorrow brings. 6 hours ago
- 7 hr delay for 'aircraft maintenance' was a good thing - more time with my Dad. Now to see if the airplane is really fixed. Hope so. 9 hours ago
- It's September 15 - half way through the month. Wonder if we will get a CCtCap announcement before October? 13 hours ago
- Heading out to spend some time with my Dad. Airport is very quiet, wonder if the plane will be full. 2 days ago
- RT @Houstorian: Today in 1962, JFK pledges to go to the moon by decade’s end in speech at @RiceUniversity. @NASAhistory @NASA_Johnson 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: orbital re-entry
Prior to the Challenger accident, the theory was that riding on the space shuttle was like riding on a modern jet airliner; passengers are not provided with parachutes and pressure suits. Challenger changed all that. With pressure suits, parachutes, and … Continue reading