IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Resting tonight at Rivendell. Tomorrow we go on a quest. Will it be the dragon or the ring. Only wanderers know the answer! 6 hours ago
- Just heard that former astronaut Hank Hartsfield has passed away 1 week ago
- NASA Alumni League graybeards reviewing the SLS/Orion Systems Integration structure and plans. Lots of experience, hopefully some innovation 1 week ago
- I'm giving the keynote address this morning at the In Space Inspection Workshop today at the JSC Gilruth Center. Come on out! 1 week ago
- I did have to step in and stop a crowd discussion on who should sign off on CARs. Down in the details too much! 2 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: orbital re-entry
Prior to the Challenger accident, the theory was that riding on the space shuttle was like riding on a modern jet airliner; passengers are not provided with parachutes and pressure suits. Challenger changed all that. With pressure suits, parachutes, and … Continue reading