IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Bonus weekend at Rivendell was especially restful since all phone and Internet service was out. That turns out to be a good thing! 13 hours ago
- Live music in the Sea Tac airport. Maybe it will sooth all the travelers trying to go thru Chicago (thank goodness I don't !) 3 days ago
- From Washington, DC to Washington state is a long way in both distance and attitude. Off to see the future today, in the rain of course. 5 days ago
- I've done all o can to straighten out Washington, at least for this trip. I'm westbound and down 6 days ago
- RT @Launiusr: Robert Gilruth and the NACA’s Entry into Space Technology wp.me/pwYu1-1Ic 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: orbital re-entry
Prior to the Challenger accident, the theory was that riding on the space shuttle was like riding on a modern jet airliner; passengers are not provided with parachutes and pressure suits. Challenger changed all that. With pressure suits, parachutes, and … Continue reading