IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- I'm at the FAA Industry day for Space Traffic Management. COMSTAC starts after lunch. Beautiful fall day that I will miss out on 21 hours ago
- Regretfully the discussion of spacecraft accidents seems to be too glib. Complex systems fail in complex ways. Avoid simplified solutions. 22 hours ago
- RT @GrandCanyonNPS: "October is the fallen leaf, but it is also a wider horizon more clearly seen. It is the distant hills once more in sig… 1 day ago
- RT @NASAhistory: #OTD in 2007—the 1st time 2 women led 2 spacecraft that docked together, ISS cmdr @AstroPeggy Whitson (L) & Shuttle cmdr @… 1 day ago
- I'm at the FAA Industry day for Space Traffic Management. COMSTAC starts after lunch. Beautiful fall day that I will miss out on 1 day ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: Challenger accident
From the Rogers Commission to reading Dr. Diane Vaughn’s book The Challenger Launch Decision took me 17 years. For all those years I had learned the wrong lesson about the loss of Challenger. The sound-bite explanation kept me in ignorance. … Continue reading