IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Energized this evening by judging - and interacting - with high school students at the local science and engineering fair. Great young folks 57 minutes ago
- Reminded this morning of hikes along the Ho river and Lake MacDonald. Thanks #cbssunday. Thanks National Park Service. Silence is golden! 2 days ago
- Celebrating grandson's birthday at the (baseball) park - priceless! 4 days ago
- Record today: 2091 days since STS-135 breaks record between ASTP and STS-1 longest gap in human launches from US soil. Soyuz is our ticket. 1 week ago
- A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others. 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading