IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- RT @solar_da: Save the Date: Oct 29: Spaceport Lecture – Will Pomerantz (Virgin Galactic) Topic TBD @RiceSpace @RiceUniversity @Pomerantz 4 days ago
- Fresh off studying problems of deep water drill ships, I'm reviewing plans for a new rocket and teaching lessons from Columbia. Busy? Yes! 4 days ago
- Not exactly 'mission control' for drilling but an attempt to bring this high tech industry up to aerospace best practices: NAS RTM 4 days ago
- Second full day of public meetings at Houston Westchase Marriott for National Acsdemies study committee on real time monitoring in oil&gas 4 days ago
- Today's topic at the NAS RTM meeting in Houston: cyber security. 5 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading