IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Feeling a whole lot better about life this morning - in Colorado for a week if vacation with the whole family! 6 hours ago
- Edwards, Dryden, Rogers Dry Lake today. the focus of much of my attention for many years. History made there, still http://t.co/NsS3kqAYGR 8 hours ago
- Arrived at SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne CA for an extended tour this afternoon. 1 day ago
- Highlight of the NAC meeting will be the exchange between Dittmar and Gerstrnmair over the NRC report 'Pioneering Space' 2 days ago
- RT @DittmarML: Boarding now on my way to JPL; presenting NRC "Pathways to Exploration" human spaceflight report to the NASA Advisory Counci… 2 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading