IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- RT @NASAhistory: #Remembering Dobrovolsky, Volkov, & Patsayev, who died #OTD in 1971 during Soyuz 11’s reentry go.nasa.gov/1diXHCx http:… 2 days ago
- Some day we will look back on the space shuttle and realize what we have given up http://t.co/bm6fNwuxZv 2 days ago
- Just for @ZLDoty and @expatminister : dinner tonight is Steakfingers at Buddy's in Andrews - yum! 5 days ago
- Travel hint of the day: don't try to go to the Nashville airport at rush hour! 6 days ago
- Skipping across country I left cool dry Denver for warm muggy Tennessee heading for the big rocket factory in Decatur AL. TRW vic'ty 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading