IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Very sad to hear that Norm Carlson has passed. One of the heroes of America's space program that worked diligently behind the scenes. 13 hours ago
- RT @flatoday_jdean: Sad news: retired NASA shuttle test director Norm Carlson, who started post-launch beans tradition, died Sunday. http:/… 13 hours ago
- Enjoying an overdue visit with my father and my son http://t.co/UvZuMVJunu 4 days ago
- Beautiful day for a road trip across Texas. I've got shotgun keeping watch for the comanch 5 days ago
- Ad Astra ready to test fire their 200KW electric VASIMR rocket for 100 hours continuously. Planning to install it on ISS in a few years 6 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading