IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Glad to be back in Houston! https://t.co/tQwppSVUdo 1 day ago
- In a few days it will have been 71 years. Lest we forget. Semper Fi https://t.co/kNThdARci7 1 day ago
- Once more heading back to Washington. What can I say? They need a lot of help there. 3 days ago
- Q to NTSB about SS2 mishap: 'has the FAA culture changed as a result? A: don't know.' As a COMSTAC member maybe we should check on that. 3 days ago
- Listening to an NTSB briefing on the SS2 mishap - at JSC - great lessons to be learned. Hopefully future vehicles will be safer now. 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading