IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Yesterday discussions all about minutiae of contracts; today is all about rocket engine testing and orbital mechanics. I like today better! 1 week ago
- Back in Houston for the first time in a month! Glad the weather has turned cooler- well relatively! 1 week ago
- Congrats to @Astro_TJ as a certified Flight Director! #Saber https://t.co/RzMeD32aQe makes me old! I'm #26 1 week ago
- Listening to @DavaExplorer talk about STEAM and partnerships at MSFC 1 week ago
- Spending a great deal of time today on the lovely - and changing - campus of the George C Marshall Space Flight Center! 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading