IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- I've started reading my mom's unabridged copy of Don Quixote. Seems like an appropriate choice for someone supporting our space program. 3 days ago
- Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori http://t.co/hGleslyixH 4 days ago
- Three full long days reviewing every detail of a rocket and spaceship. How much fun has this week been! 6 days ago
- RT @NASAhistory: #Remembering astronaut Dick Scobee, commander of STS-51L Challenger go.nasa.gov/J4KF6p http://t.co/nTbdbgTHSD 1 week ago
- After a productive day at SAS HQ in Boulder, I'm in south Denver gearing up for three full days of aerospace systems reviews! 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: flight director
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading