IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Grandson: "Grandpa did you tell NASA to start working on the Mars colony?" Bright boy - sending him in my place to the next NAC meeting 7 hours ago
- Feeling a whole lot better about life this morning - in Colorado for a week if vacation with the whole family! 1 day ago
- Edwards, Dryden, Rogers Dry Lake today. the focus of much of my attention for many years. History made there, still http://t.co/NsS3kqAYGR 1 day ago
- Arrived at SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne CA for an extended tour this afternoon. 2 days ago
- Highlight of the NAC meeting will be the exchange between Dittmar and Gerstrnmair over the NRC report 'Pioneering Space' 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading