IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- 'Rich Purnell is a steely-eyed missile man!" I think I've worked with him. Or his twin. 1 week ago
- 35 years ago today I was in MCC for STS-1 reentry. It was a long time between GWM LOS and BUC AOS. https://t.co/YL5ff4N35k 2 weeks ago
- Today is your last day to visit the Special Aerospace Services booth # 1043 at #NSS2016 #32SS 2 weeks ago
- Seeing more old friends at NSS! https://t.co/VtQigR6YLp 2 weeks ago
- It was good to visit with friends this morning. We love to show off our toys! https://t.co/CtsQkcWYVq 2 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading