IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Sully and I spoke back to back at last week's conference. It was very cool. https://t.co/bsenzsfqyS 1 day ago
- Smooth as silk at sunset at 38,000 feet. Thanks @SouthwestAir ! https://t.co/XqnEmNwtJP 6 days ago
- Leaving Florida after two productive days at the Quality Leadership Forum. Next stop Denver to work on space products for a day. 6 days ago
- RT @SciCmteDems: Robert H. Goddard, the father of modern rocket propulsion, successfully tested the first rocket using liquid fuel 91 years… 1 week ago
- Where else would you be at 2 AM but watching a rocket launch? https://t.co/QEH96cnqXz 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading