IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- So very pleased to have an alumnus of William Marsh Rice University confirmed as the next NASA Administrator! #Rice 2 days ago
- Honored to be in this group twitter.com/ricealumni/sta… 4 days ago
- Three of the smartest Rocket Scientists I know! #34SS https://t.co/LdnEtBYm9p 5 days ago
- Nice outdoor exhibits at the Space Symposium! #34NSS https://t.co/VMgna8UOs9 5 days ago
- To finish the story, 37 years ago I was in the MCC for the first reentry and landing of Columbia. The tiles worked.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading