IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- RT @inloveofliberty: The Methodist Excitement: Methodists in their early days were known for disturbing the peace: do we make the same kind… 7 hours ago
- On a gray and gloomy January day I have been reading my new volume of T.S. Eliot. ‘The Waste Land’, ‘The Hollow Men… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- As a regular donor I encourage all eligible people to donate. It is the gift of life twitter.com/senmarkkelly/s… 11 hours ago
- Striking example today of the transparency at NASA. None of the commercial guys building new rockets ever gives the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- At a critical point in my career a good friend advised me, just before a press conference, that showing humility wo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading