IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- What Lewis and Clark faced: http://t.co/BYQeuMT5Gw 5 hours ago
- I never fail to appreciate the patriotic exhibit at Midway airport! http://t.co/NWQ6xBqxAY 10 hours ago
- In 6 weeks I've been to ABQ, BNA, BWI, DCA, DEN, ELP, HOU, IAD, LAS, MAF, MCO, MDW, MSY, ORF, PHX, SEA, SMF, SJC, and STL. Whew! 1 day ago
- Phobos is a captured asteroid. Why wouldn't we pick up a rock from Phobos. THAT is on the way to Mars! 3 days ago
- Having done all I could do in Washington, I'm heading home to reflect on my experiences. And prep for next week's trip to other Washington 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading