IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Rather than sleeping in today, an emergency call from Dad late last night has me at the airport for an early flight out to be with him 1 day ago
- Making the mental change today from deep water offshore oil well drilling to human spaceflight to LEO. Some of the same, some different. 4 days ago
- NAS study committee on real time monitoring of offshore drilling has been interrupted by a fire alarm at the hotel - but it was false alarm 5 days ago
- Starting day 2 of the NAS workshop on offshore drilling remote monitoring. More good input expected for our report. Open at Hyatt North 5 days ago
- Crowd at the NAS workshop on remote monitoring of offshore drilling this morning in Houston http://t.co/pBjS9Obqfb 6 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading