IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- On my way to Cleveland for a week long NASA Advisory Council meeting. 3 days ago
- Enjoying scones hand made by our daughter-in-love! 3 days ago
- I've been heads down immersed in technical work all week. Did anything happen in world events that I should know about? 5 days ago
- 5 years ago today: we shall not see the like of it again. Today if you want to go to space, learn Russian. cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/upl… 6 days ago
- You go girl! Space should be bipartisan - I hope someone makes as good a speech at the Democratic convention as Eileen Collins did tonight! 6 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading