IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Q to NTSB about SS2 mishap: 'has the FAA culture changed as a result? A: don't know.' As a COMSTAC member maybe we should check on that. 14 hours ago
- Listening to an NTSB briefing on the SS2 mishap - at JSC - great lessons to be learned. Hopefully future vehicles will be safer now. 14 hours ago
- I thought all the experts had written off the old guy. That judgement seems lacking, doesn't it? 3 days ago
- Heading home this evening https://t.co/Ly8RjsOPwl 6 days ago
- At FAA conf: after positive, uplifting & inspirational talks by Nield & Sirangelo, the congress staffer panel come across grumpy, downbeat 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: High Reliability Organizations
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
When you are in a High Reliability Organization, you have to pay attention. The more extreme the risk, the more difficult the environment, the more complex the technology, the more attention you must pay. But life intrudes. As the song … Continue reading