IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- At NASA/JSC today, I am participating in 3 events about lessons learned from spaceflight accidents including Columbia. Lest we forget. 21 hours ago
- Off to downtown Houston with NAS group to tour Chevron's offshore drilling real time monitoring center. It's like rocket science! 1 day ago
- RT @solar_da: Save the Date: Oct 29: Spaceport Lecture – Will Pomerantz (Virgin Galactic) Topic TBD @RiceSpace @RiceUniversity @Pomerantz 6 days ago
- Fresh off studying problems of deep water drill ships, I'm reviewing plans for a new rocket and teaching lessons from Columbia. Busy? Yes! 6 days ago
- Not exactly 'mission control' for drilling but an attempt to bring this high tech industry up to aerospace best practices: NAS RTM 6 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: NASA
Space Shuttle Program Management Council after Columbia In this picture from left to right: Joyce Rozewski, Lee Norbraten, Sandy Coleman, Steve Doering, Jim Halsell, Dorothy Rasco, Bob Cabana, Steve Brettle, Dave Martin, Lambert Austin, Mike Wetmore, Bill Harris, Parker Counts, Ralph … Continue reading
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor: What place is this? Where are we now? I am the grass; I cover all. – Carl Sandburg, “Grass” 1918 Very recently, my 7 year old grandson was traveling with his parents through the … Continue reading
We have not journeyed all this way across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy. – Sir Winston Churchill in a speech to the Canadian Parliament. Dec 30, 1941 … Continue reading