IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- On my way to Cleveland for a week long NASA Advisory Council meeting. 1 day ago
- Enjoying scones hand made by our daughter-in-love! 1 day ago
- I've been heads down immersed in technical work all week. Did anything happen in world events that I should know about? 3 days ago
- 5 years ago today: we shall not see the like of it again. Today if you want to go to space, learn Russian. cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/upl… 4 days ago
- You go girl! Space should be bipartisan - I hope someone makes as good a speech at the Democratic convention as Eileen Collins did tonight! 5 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: orbital re-entry
Prior to the Challenger accident, the theory was that riding on the space shuttle was like riding on a modern jet airliner; passengers are not provided with parachutes and pressure suits. Challenger changed all that. With pressure suits, parachutes, and … Continue reading