IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- RT @DittmarML: Join me and AIAA/NAL for dinner in Houston on 3/19 for my presentation on the NRC “Pathways to Exploration” report! http://t… 2 hours ago
- A week in which one attends more than one funeral is not a good week. This week is one of those. 1 day ago
- Very sad to hear that Norm Carlson has passed. One of the heroes of America's space program that worked diligently behind the scenes. 3 days ago
- RT @flatoday_jdean: Sad news: retired NASA shuttle test director Norm Carlson, who started post-launch beans tradition, died Sunday. http:/… 3 days ago
- Enjoying an overdue visit with my father and my son http://t.co/UvZuMVJunu 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: orbital re-entry
Prior to the Challenger accident, the theory was that riding on the space shuttle was like riding on a modern jet airliner; passengers are not provided with parachutes and pressure suits. Challenger changed all that. With pressure suits, parachutes, and … Continue reading