IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Having a lovely time in the Huntsville/Decatur area looking at all kinds of space hardware, rockets and the like!… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 21 hours ago
- RT @wingod: Arthur C. Clarke, 1965. https://t.co/DIhb1MIINi 1 day ago
- Heading out on my second trip of the new era! Drew a 737 Max. Fun times! 1 day ago
- RT @Astro_Megan: Happy #TrainDay! This marks the 152nd Anniversary of the completion of our nation’s 1st #TranscontinentalRailroad. I honor… 2 days ago
- It’s still impressive! twitter.com/thehistoryguy/… 3 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Tag Archives: space shuttle
“Relentless budget reduction pressures necessitate more dramatic program actions” – Brewster Shaw, Space Shuttle Program Manager, December 1994 Polls show that the general populace rates the Internal Revenue Service as the most disliked agency in the US Federal government. Among … Continue reading
2002 was a tumultuous year in my personal life. Last time I wrote about my work, my career, as a Space Shuttle Flight Director. It was always more than a 40 hour a week job. The question is how much … Continue reading
Space Shuttle Program Management Council after Columbia In this picture from left to right: Joyce Rozewski, Lee Norbraten, Sandy Coleman, Steve Doering, Jim Halsell, Dorothy Rasco, Bob Cabana, Steve Brettle, Dave Martin, Lambert Austin, Mike Wetmore, Bill Harris, Parker Counts, Ralph … Continue reading
The recent success of SpaceX in sending their Dragon capsule to the International Space Station reminded me of the first Space Shuttle ground up rendezvous and the difficulties we had during that mission. Of course we were planned it on … Continue reading