IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Grandson: "Grandpa did you tell NASA to start working on the Mars colony?" Bright boy - sending him in my place to the next NAC meeting 2 days ago
- Feeling a whole lot better about life this morning - in Colorado for a week if vacation with the whole family! 3 days ago
- Edwards, Dryden, Rogers Dry Lake today. the focus of much of my attention for many years. History made there, still http://t.co/NsS3kqAYGR 3 days ago
- Arrived at SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne CA for an extended tour this afternoon. 4 days ago
- Highlight of the NAC meeting will be the exchange between Dittmar and Gerstrnmair over the NRC report 'Pioneering Space' 5 days ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Most accidents originate in actions committed by reasonable, rational individuals who were acting to achieve an assigned task in what they perceived to be a responsible and professional manner. — Peter Harle, Director of Accident Prevention,Transportation Safety Board of Canada … Continue reading
When I worked for the government, I never really understood what industry was doing; it was all behind a curtain. They gave only glimpses of what they wanted the government to see. Those of us in the civil services always … Continue reading
No matter what is going on with the world, no matter what is happening in my life, when the calendar turns to February 1 I have to stop, remember, and rededicate. This year we have another gold star on the … Continue reading
Today is the day in America that we set aside to count our blessings and give thanks for all the good that is in our lives. So I will set aside my curmudgeonly ways and ignore the future and all … Continue reading
During the summer of 2009, we were working on the history book about the Space Shuttle, ‘Wings in Orbit’. We had hired three summer interns, college students, to help with the book. Their primary assignments were to build the appendices, … Continue reading
Just about exactly 10 years ago I was serving as the Deputy Program Manager for the Space Shuttle Program. Columbia had been lost a year and a half earlier and we were all trying our best to return the Space … Continue reading