IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- So very pleased to have an alumnus of William Marsh Rice University confirmed as the next NASA Administrator! #Rice 2 days ago
- Honored to be in this group twitter.com/ricealumni/sta… 4 days ago
- Three of the smartest Rocket Scientists I know! #34SS https://t.co/LdnEtBYm9p 5 days ago
- Nice outdoor exhibits at the Space Symposium! #34NSS https://t.co/VMgna8UOs9 5 days ago
- To finish the story, 37 years ago I was in the MCC for the first reentry and landing of Columbia. The tiles worked.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Now to return to a subject I have left pending for too long: The STS-121 launch. We had three major problems to solve to get approval for the launch. I hate intermittent electrical problems. It doesn’t matter whether they … Continue reading
Digging through my files I recently found an email which caught my attention: ===================================================================== From: Larry A. Sent: Thursday October 21, 2004 7:18 AM TO: A whole bunch of people who are probably retired now Subject: SMS Issue – SMS … Continue reading
Two weeks ago, I participated in the NASA Remembrance Day and lessons learned activities which happen every year around February 1. I believe it is very important to remember Dick Scobee, Gus Grissom, and Rick Husband and their crews; to … Continue reading
I’ve spent all week at the Langley Research Center in Virginia; there is much good work going on here. We had no small number of discussion about ‘game changing technology’ without a good definition of what that phrase really means … Continue reading
“The hardest part of any launch is getting the first foot off the ground” – Tommy Holloway, Space Shuttle Program Manager I was doing some online research recently and ran across this document which I had not seen in over … Continue reading
It has been some time since I have gone over the purpose and rules for my personal blog site. Recently some folks have demonstrated their confusion about this site. For the record, let me repeat some of the ‘rules’ … Continue reading