IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Thinking of all the folks down at the DM-2 Flight Readiness Review. It’s always hard to make a judgement. Here are… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- RT @NASA_Marshall: #NASAMarshall's Robert Polsgrove spent a decade helping prepare @CommercialCrew for human spaceflight — now, he's workin… 3 days ago
- I’ve just finished reading an exhaustive and comprehensive history of the influenza pandemic of 1918. ‘The Great I… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @NASASpaceflight: Random Shuttle (External Tank) Photo of the Day! Four completed External Tanks lined up at the Michoud Assembly Facil… 1 week ago
- A historic event that may or may not be a good analogy for human spaceflight twitter.com/airandspace/st… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
You cannot step twice into the same river – Heraclitus 540-480 B.C. Heraclitus says that we can’t ever step in the river twice; between footsteps the river changes – banks are washed away, new sandbars are formed, now more and … Continue reading
I was recently contacted by some folks who were interested in – of all things – comments I made in a shuttle press conference some 8 or 10 years ago. These folks were concerned that I and the shuttle team … Continue reading
“I can steal more money with a pencil than ten men with guns” – attributed to Al Capone’s bookkeeper Whenever I did a press conference around a Space Shuttle event, there would always be one super hard question that made … Continue reading
I guess I’m getting to be an old curmudgeon (Hey Kids – get off my lawn!) but there are some irritants in life that just seem to capture my attention, no matter how trivial they may be. So, if this … Continue reading
Thanks to Iron Flight for reminding me of this obscure situation. And for Holly who wants to understand. This mostly true story is about the Space Shuttle payload bay doors and what to do if they won’t shut properly. And … Continue reading
I just finished reading ‘Origins of 21st Century Space Travel’ SP-2019-4415 from the NASA history office. A fascinating book recounting the development of the Vision for Space Exploration in the Bush administration leading up to 2004. Most of the action … Continue reading