IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Glad to be back in the cool Colorado Rockies. Huntsville AL was a tad warm by comparison. Glad to see all my old MSFC friends! 1 day ago
- Really glad to have a successful rocket launch today to supply the ISS. Good news is especially welcome. Congratulations to the team! 5 days ago
- RT @expatminister: Do you accept the freedom & power God gives you to resist evil, injustice, & oppression in whatever forms they present t… 6 days ago
- John Adams quote above the White House Fireplace: "May none but honest and wise Men ever rule under this roof." 2 weeks ago
- I guess I've been with the scouts a long time because I really do believe that character matters. 2 weeks ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Author Archives: waynehale
I’ve spent all week at the Langley Research Center in Virginia; there is much good work going on here. We had no small number of discussion about ‘game changing technology’ without a good definition of what that phrase really means … Continue reading
“The hardest part of any launch is getting the first foot off the ground” – Tommy Holloway, Space Shuttle Program Manager I was doing some online research recently and ran across this document which I had not seen in over … Continue reading
It has been some time since I have gone over the purpose and rules for my personal blog site. Recently some folks have demonstrated their confusion about this site. For the record, let me repeat some of the ‘rules’ … Continue reading
Growing up, my hero – everybody’s hero – was John Glenn. He was the archetype of heroes: decorated veteran of combat in two wars, test pilot, speed record holder, astronaut, first American to orbit the earth, later US Senator and … Continue reading
NASA is keen on training its personnel. I kept a list of all the training classes they sent me to take through the years. Single spaced, the list of just the titles of the classes takes a page and a … Continue reading
“Arm chair generals study tactics; real generals study logistics” – attributed to General Norman Schwwarzkopf Many of my old friends and colleagues are asking me a question these days: “If you were NASA Administrator, what would you have the agency … Continue reading