IndependenceThis blog represents the personal opinions of Wayne Hale only. It does not represent the opinions of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration or Special Aerospace Services, or their clients.
- Sully and I spoke back to back at last week's conference. It was very cool. https://t.co/bsenzsfqyS 1 day ago
- Smooth as silk at sunset at 38,000 feet. Thanks @SouthwestAir ! https://t.co/XqnEmNwtJP 6 days ago
- Leaving Florida after two productive days at the Quality Leadership Forum. Next stop Denver to work on space products for a day. 6 days ago
- RT @SciCmteDems: Robert H. Goddard, the father of modern rocket propulsion, successfully tested the first rocket using liquid fuel 91 years… 1 week ago
- Where else would you be at 2 AM but watching a rocket launch? https://t.co/QEH96cnqXz 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Author Archives: waynehale
NASA is keen on training its personnel. I kept a list of all the training classes they sent me to take through the years. Single spaced, the list of just the titles of the classes takes a page and a … Continue reading
“Arm chair generals study tactics; real generals study logistics” – attributed to General Norman Schwwarzkopf Many of my old friends and colleagues are asking me a question these days: “If you were NASA Administrator, what would you have the agency … Continue reading
Second only to space, I have always been very interested in aviation. To this day I am thrilled to get to fly on any type of airplane – well, maybe not about the security lines, but I am thrilled about … Continue reading
These days I frequently travel to the Denver area for personal and work reasons. Driving in from the south, just at the edge of town, I always think when I pass the big Marriott at the I-25 Lincoln street exit: … Continue reading
I always knew what I wanted to do: anything in the space program. Getting a job offer to come to work at NASA Mission Control in Houston was beyond my wildest dream. To tell the truth, I would have paid … Continue reading
The last day of 2016 is appropriately dreary here with rain and a damp chill. Just the thing to reinforce a melancholy mood or at least induce a good nap. All around it seems every media outlet has complied their … Continue reading